I am pleased to announce that the American Craft Council is now accepting
submissions for the *Lois Moran Award for Craft Writing*.

The longest-serving editor of American Craft magazine and a monumental
figure in the history of the American Craft Council, Lois Moran was a
tireless proponent of the field of American craft. She had a mission to
elevate the importance of craft for a broad audience. The ACC is now
seeking nominations for an award in her name recognizing the work of
writers committed to moving the craft conversation forward.

GUIDELINES

   - The award will be given for a thoughtfully-written and dynamic
   individual article or essay on some aspect of American craft.
   - Entries should be no more than 5,000 words.
   - Please submit work in English only.
   - Eligible articles and essays must have been previously published on a
   public platform (print or digital) between January 1, 2020, and June 30,
   2021.
   - Entries may have first appeared in craft publications, general
   interest magazines, newspapers, online publications, blogs, as stand-alone
   essays in books, etc.
   - Full-length books and academic papers are not eligible, nor are
   articles that have appeared in American Craft or on the ACC website.
   - Deadline for nominations is June 30, 2021 (midnight Central Standard
   Time).
   - There is no entry fee.
   - International applicants are welcome as long as the writing addresses
   American craft.

Nominations or submissions will be accepted through *June 30, 2021*.
Further information can be found at:

https://www.craftcouncil.org/resources-programs/acc-awards/lois-moran-award-craft-writing

*Beth Goodrich*
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413
craftcouncil.org

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our
newsletter  <https://www.craftcouncil.org/library-archives/newsletter>

Please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
<https://craftcouncil.org/giving>
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!