Dear All,
I just wanted to follow up on the wonderful session from yesterday, "Diversity Forum: Accessibility in Art Libraries."
I was able to attend the Postsecondary Disabilities Training Institute from UConn a few years ago. I found it incredibly helpful. This year, due to Covid, it is not only virtual but also free.

PTI 2021 will be Virtual - and Free!

We were unable to hold the Postsecondary Disability Training Institute in person in June of 2021, but join us for "PTI-V Free". This is a two-day virtual event that we are offering at no cost. The program and registration information can be found here.

I also want to recommend that most institutions have an accessibility committee. Make friends with this department and or a like minded group wherever you work. I also recommend making friends with your facilities department (think doors, handles, bathrooms, et etc.) . Having an ally in IT is also important to advocate for website accessibility and possibly a site wide license to a "Text to Speech" assistive tech software - we use Text Help's Read Write. Our libguide on assistive tech.

If you are doing text accomodations in your library I recommend joining The Access Text Network and Book share .

Good luck to everyone and keep up the great work making life accessible for all.

Gabrielle V L Reed
Access Services Librarian
Morton R. Godine Library
Massachusetts College of Art and Design
w. 1-617-879-7102
m. 401-440-1852

Chair, International Relations Committee, 2020
ARLIS/NA