Hello ARLISians,

We would like to thank everyone who attended the Decorative Arts SIG Spring Meeting on May 4.  We had some lively discussion about possible session topics for the 2022 conference in Chicago, and two fabulous presentations from Julia Wisniewski from Library of Congress, and Margaret Culbertson and Michelle Johnson from the William J. Hill Archive at Bayou Bend and Gardens.  For everyone who attended, and for those who were unable to attend, the meeting minutes have now been posted to the Decorative Arts SIG Wordpress site.

ACTION ITEMS
Please take note of the following action items for all members of the SIG, or anyone interested in the Decorative Arts:

  1. Decorative Arts Library List :  Please add your institution or others with significant holdings in the dec arts to this list by June 15:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1K2L1VowiXJaRmd3zItEdBib9UroQIlQPt2TNBjLjvYU/edit?usp=sharing
  2. Diverse and Inclusive Resources List for the Decorative Arts:    Please add resources to this list as you become aware of them.  https://docs.google.com/document/d/1NV6NB0M1bKrSDBAsR8uFJR-jMB3m6TuHuxT4QzFW3WM/edit
  3. Decorative Arts Video Resources:  Please add decorative arts film resources or repositories you know of to this list:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1JeJJsFc6hPSpD3w7n81Yzcbb-Crt3iirVt0LqtvcIuU/edit?usp=sharing
  4. Provide a Meeting Program:  Please contact Coordinators Beth H. or Beth G. if you can provide a 15-20 minute program at a future meeting, or to suggest topics of interest to address.
  5. Provide Blog Content:  Take a look at the latest blog post on the Wordpress site!  Please submit content ideas to Anna Flinch, [log in to unmask]
  6. Brainstorm for a Chicago Conference Session:  Submit ideas to Beth G. or Beth H.  This will be a main topic of discussion at the next SIG meeting.

Cheers!
Beth Goodrich, [log in to unmask]
BethHylen, [log in to unmask]

Beth Goodrich
Librarian
Direct:  612-206-3118

1224 Marshall Street NE, Suite 200
Minneapolis, MN  55413

Sign up here to receive news of the ACC Library & Archives through our newsletter

Please consider a donation to the American Craft Council.
We champion craft, and we'll continue to do so with your partnership!