*Please excuse any cross-posting*

Dear colleagues,

We hope that you will consider participating in our research survey.

This survey is for members of GLAM institutions that have begun to
contribute to open knowledge projects (Wikidata, Wikipedia, SNAC, etc.).
The purpose of the survey is to learn about policies and practices, or lack
thereof, GLAM staff are following around contributing demographic
information for living people (e.g., Sex or Gender, Ethnic Group, Race,
Sexual Orientation, etc.) to open knowledge projects. Information collected
from this survey will inform an ethical investigation into issues
surrounding these practices.

The results will be used to write a journal article on ethics and open
knowledge projects, and may also be shared via conferences or other
writings. Your participation in this survey is voluntary. You may choose
not to participate. If you decide to participate in this research survey,
you may withdraw at any time. All personal information will be
confidential. We will make our best effort to protect your individual
survey responses so that no one will be able to connect your responses with
you or your organization.

The three principal investigators working on this project are Greta Kuriger
Suiter ([log in to unmask]), Kurt Hanselman ([log in to unmask]), and Nerissa
Lindsey ([log in to unmask]). If you have any questions about this survey,
feel free to contact us.

Completing this survey should take approximately 10 to 15 minutes. The
survey will remain open until June 4th, 2021. Thank you for your
participation.

Anonymous survey link:
https://sdsu.co1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_0vVhyBOj0nMtufQ

--