Dearest ARLISians:

As many of you know, I am doing independent research on the existence of craft history survey courses in degree-granting schools in the U.S. and Canada.  I am not documenting craft history courses that focus on one medium, e.g., glass history, ceramic history, etc.  I am composing a fairly simple electronic survey intended for current and former teachers of craft history courses.  The survey asks for broad descriptions of the courses, queries trends in the craft studies field, and will record the observations of those who struggle to make sense of it.

I am wondering if you know someone who is teaching (or has taught) such a survey course?  If so, please let me know as soon as possible and I will send them more information about the survey.  I am very gratified by the responses I’ve received thus far; they are very enthusiastic!

“Last call” for survey participants is Monday, April 26.  The survey will be sent only to those who have corresponded with me beforehand.

Thank you!

Joan M. Benedetti