From: Evan Schilling
Sent: Friday, April 30, 2021 5:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Cancelling Crit Lib SIG Meeting on May 5th

Hello Everyone,

I really should have sent this message out months ago, if not weeks ago. Unfortunately, I have had a difficult year and half (on top of the pandemic), which I'm not ready to discuss more openly at this time.

I should have stepped away from leading the Critical Librarianship SIG due to these personal issues, but I was embarrassed, and felt like I was letting my colleagues in ARLIS/NA down. I need to cancel the SIG meeting that is scheduled for Wednesday, May 5th at 3:30pm EDT, and find new coordinators to run the SIG (ideally two people). Due to these extenuating circumstances, I am likely not even attending the upcoming ARLIS/NA virtual conference.

I propose rescheduling the annual meeting of Crit Lib SIG until after the conference, with new leadership facilitating it. Of course, I'll onboard and train the new coordinators. Please email me if you are interested in the roles.

I'll be sending a similar message to all the SIG members this weekend, and to ARLIS/NA to make the cancellation official.

I'm very sorry for this announcement sent so late on a Friday afternoon. I did not make this decision lightly, and I hope you all understand.

Sincerely,

Evan Schilling (he/they/Mr.)

Architecture Librarian

Musagetes Architecture Library
University of Waterloo School of Architecture

(519) 888-4567, ext. 27620

[log in to unmask]" style="color:blue; text-decoration:underline">[log in to unmask]

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ýthe Neutral, Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples who are still under colonial rule. The Musagetes Library, and the University of Waterloo are situated on the Haldimand Tract, which the British granted to the Six Nations in 1784 as compensation for their alliance during the American Revolution and for the loss of their traditional territory. We cannot change the past, but we can continue to share in the work of healing, decolonization, and reparations, respectfully following the leadership of Indigenous communities.