Join FIT Library Tuesday, April 27th from 5-6 pm online, as Associate
Professor/Head of Research & Instructional Services, Carli Spina, and
Assistant Professor/Instructional Design Librarian, Helen Lane, give a
webinar about their new book, E-Textiles in Libraries: A Practical Guide
for Librarians. Q&A to follow. Register at our FIT Authors Page.
<https://authors.fitnyc.edu/events/2021-04-27-spina-lane/>

Interested in nurturing creativity in your classroom? At your business? In
your library? Or even at home?

The book features key information about the materials and techniques you’ll
need to know, examples of libraries that have found success with
e-textiles, step-by-step advice on program creation, and projects that can
be used as fun and engaging activities at maker spaces, for parents who are
homeschooling, and in library programs. By the time you finish reading, you
will have everything you need to develop a program that will generate
excitement within your community and introduce your patrons to new and
useful skills. Plus you’ll know what you need to try e-textiles yourself!

For more about E-Textiles in Libraries: A Practical Guide for Librarians,
and the event, please visit our FIT Authors page
<https://authors.fitnyc.edu/events/2021-04-27-spina-lane/>.

FIT Authors Talks <https://authors.fitnyc.edu/> is part of the Love your
Library events series and is an initiative of the FIT Library that
showcases our collections and brings authors from our community to speak
about their work.

Miyo Sandlin
Research & Instructional Services Librarian | Adjunct Assistant Professor
Fashion Institute of Technology | Goodman Resource Center | Gladys Marcus
Library

Seventh Avenue at 27 Street, Room E511

New York, NY 10001-5992
212.217.4409