Greetings Colleagues!

I would love to share two exciting events coming up that will be hosted by Ohio State University Libraries, The Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum (BICLM), and the Wexner Center for the Arts for Art + Feminism in the month of March. Please register, share and mark your calendars!

On Monday, March 22, 2 - 3 p.m. ET, we are pleased to host MariNoami, interviewed by Associate Curator at the BICLM (and ARLIS/NA member!), Caitlin McGurkMariNaomi (she/they) founded and maintains the Cartoonists of Color, Queer Cartoonists, and Disabled Cartoonists databases. MariNaomi is also the award-winning author and illustrator of  Kiss & Tell: A Romantic Resume, Ages 0 to 22 (Harper Perennial, 2011), Dragon's Breath and Other True Stories (2dcloud/Uncivilized Books, 2014), Turning Japanese (2dcloud, 2016),  I Thought YOU Hated ME (Retrofit Comics, 2016), and the Life on Earth trilogy (Graphic Universe, 2018-2020). Her work has appeared in over eighty print publications and has been featured on websites such as The New Yorker's Daily Shouts, The Rumpus, LA Review of Books, Midnight Breakfast and BuzzFeed. More information and registration for the event can be found here: https://library.osu.edu/events/artfeminism-special-guest-marinaomi-virtual-event

Up next, on Wednesday, March 24, we will be holding our A+F Edit-A-Thon from 12-4 p.m. ET! We will have a Zoom room open during that time to all registrants where folks can share information, ask questions about editing, and generally socialize (there will be a short orientation shortly after 12 p.m.). For more information and to register for the event, please visit: https://library.osu.edu/events/2021-artfeminism-wikipedia-virtual-edit-a-thon-virtual-event. Those who register will have the opportunity to note whether they would like to be assigned an artist to work on, as well as indicate how they would like to contribute, in an attempt to make the process less intimidating to newcomers. We will support you! We also ask those who are joining us to please create a Wikipedia account and join our event dashboard here: go.osu.edu/editaf2021.

Warmly,

Courtney

Courtney Hunt

Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor

Pronouns: she/her/hers

The Ohio State University Libraries

Fine Arts Library

Wexner Center / Room 040L