Greetings Colleagues,

We are seeking additional panelists to add to the accepted session “Confluent Practices: Non-Traditional Research Methodologies in Art Librarianship” to be held at the virtual annual conference on May 12th at 1:30 p.m. ET. Please read the session description below.

If you are interested in participating, we ask for you to send the following to Courtney Hunt, [log in to unmask] and Michele Jennings, [log in to unmask], by Friday, March 26th:

  1. Your Name, Institutional Affiliation (if applicable), and Contact Information
  2. Title of Presentation
  3. Abstract of Paper (200 words max)

Session Description: As art information professions evolve, we look to understand our work and patrons through a diversity of voices, experiences, and approaches. Although LIS scholarship reflects a multidisciplinary approach to research, much of the existing literature focuses on traditional qualitative and quantitative methodologies. The turn towards autoethnography, creative interventions to library work, and the utilization of non-traditional information sources enriches our practices and our own body of knowledge. This panel will explore the application of non-traditional research sources and methodologies in art information scholarship. As such, the panel moderators will encourage potential panelists to take as broad an interpretation of this topic as possible, and if the panel is accepted, will welcome submissions from a variety of contexts, career stages, and projects. Panelists can discuss new ways of approaching the literature of art librarianship or visual literacy, the application of autoethnography and reflective practices in art information work, creative and studio practice in relation to library work, and other approaches.

Warm Wishes,

Courtney Hunt

Art & Design Librarian Assistant Professor

Pronouns: she/her/hers

The Ohio State University Libraries

Fine Arts Library

Wexner Center / Room 040L