*Art and the Archive: Fashion and Textile Archives*

March 26, 2021, 90 minutes: 11am PT, 12pm MT, 1pm CT, 2pm ET USA

Register in advance:
https://mica-edu.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJcvc-6rrjouH9F4qNoI5TrHhXRJqY-ljH5z

Learn  more about the series:
https://www.mica.edu/libraries/decker-library/about/hours/art-and-the-archive/

We’re excited to announce our second Art and The Archive conversation:
Fashion & Textile Archives, featuring Marvin-Alonzo Greer, Olivia Mueller,
and Victoria Rose Pass.

This panel features three practitioners who approach fashion and textile
archives from a variety of angles. Marvin-Alonzo Greer is a public
historian and historical interpreter specializing in African American
history, Olivia Mueller is the Archives Manager for the Gap Inc. Heritage
and Design Archive and Victoria Rose Pass is an art and design historian
whose research considers the history of fashion culture in the 20th century
and focuses specifically on issues of gender and race.

Learn more about the speakers and the series:
https://www.mica.edu/libraries/decker-library/about/hours/art-and-the-archive/

Art & The Archive, launched Fall 2020,  is a conversation series that
explores the role of the archive in the production of art and culture.
Featured speakers include writers, archivists, artists, and researchers who
all engage with archives in meaningful ways. Attendees can expect a lively,
expansive discussion of how archives unfold in our everyday lives.

This conversation is sponsored by Decker Library, in collaboration with the
Art History Department.

- - -

Heather Slania (she/her/hers)

Director, Decker Library, Maryland Institute College of Art

ARLIS/NA Education Liaison 2020-2022

Living and working on the land of the Susquehannock People and the unceded
land of the Piscataway People in Baltimore, Maryland.

Schedule a meeting with me: calendly.com/hslania

Schedule a research consultation with a librarian:
calendly.com/libraryresearchconsultations

View our Current Operations Information for service and support changes for
Spring 2021:
https://www.mica.edu/libraries/decker-library/about/current-operations-information/