Hello!

The Museum Division will be having a topic chat on April 5th 3pm EST/noon PST focused on decolonizing and decentering work within museum libraries. If you would like to be added to the Division’s list-serv, follow the steps on our ARLIS webpage.

This chat will be a little bit different than our previous ones in that we will be starting off with a presentation from Kim Ross and Dan Lipcan regarding their decentering work in the Phillips Library at the Peabody Essex Museum. My hopes are this presentation will give us a nice jumping off point to engage in further discussion.

There will be plenty of time after the presentation to ask questions about planning/implementation logistics and to share decolonization & decentering work happening in your museum library. I will be recording this topic chat for folks unable to attend.

Registration is required for this event.

You are invited to a Zoom meeting.

When: Apr 5, 2021 02:00 PM Central Time (US and Canada)

Register in advance for this meeting:

https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZEvc-CrqzIqHtb4j4L9FNpDj3tBkvIIFzE_

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.

I am looking forward to an engaging and fruitful discussion with y'all!

Best,

KATE ALLEMAN (she/her/hers)

Assistant Librarian (Dallas Museum of Art)

Moderator, Museum Division (ARLIS/NA)

Secretary, Texas - Mexico Chapter (ARLIS/NA)