Collective,

Stephanie and Kai are stepping down as co-moderators for the Architecture
and Planning Section. Kai will be joining the Executive Board as the
Advancement Liaison and Stephanie will be serving in a variety of upcoming
initiatives on behalf of the ARLIS/NA Antiracism Task Force and the
Documentation Committee, as it prepares for ARLIS/NA's 50th. Stephanie has
served as the Planning SIG Coordinator since 2018.

Do you have an interest in Architecture and Planning? Do you have a vision
for this newly merged Section?

If so, we want to hear it! We are seeking two new co-moderators to lead the
way into the future. One for 2021 to 2022 and another for 2021 to 2023.
The co-moderator positions have been set up to stagger, with one year of
overlap for collaborative support. This means that an election for a new
co-moderator will need to take place in 2022, for a two-year term,
which will set the Section on the right track. (This year is a strange year
because of the merging of the Architecture Section and the Planning SIG and
because we are both transitioning to new phases of our ARLIS/NA
leadership). Please see the link below for more details about the newly
merged Section and the way this would work.  <http://goog_1942087323/>
https://www.arlisna.org/organization/sections/95-architecture-section

Responsibilities include:

   - Organize and preside over the open Section business meeting at the
   annual conference
   - Draft an annual report to be submitted to the board liaison for
   the Section
   - Work with your fellow co-moderator and social media and blog
   coordinators to solicit content and develop programming to support
   the Section
   - Optional: Work with co-moderator and Section volunteers to submit a
   proposal to the annual conference. Acceptance of the proposal is subject to
   the conference committee.
   - Optional: develop programming and initiatives for ARLIS/NA members
   during off-conference season surrounding architecture and planning topics

Process:
If you are interested, please submit your name and a short paragraph
describing your interest in the position (indicate which term). After a
slate of candidates is identified by April 22, the Section will vote on
electing the co-moderators.

Feel free to reach out to Stephanie and Kai if you have any questions.

Kind regards,
Stephanie Beene (MA, MSIS), she/her and Kai Alexis Smith (MSLIS), she/her

Stephanie Beene, MA, MS
Assistant Professor,
Fine Arts Librarian for Art, Architecture & Planning
(she/her/hers)

Schedule an appointment with me @:
http://libcal.unm.edu/appointments

Fine Arts & Design Library,
George Pearl Hall 435
College of University Libraries & Learning Sciences
University of New Mexico MSC05 3020
Albuquerque, NM 87131