See below for an opportunity to join a new caucus for research/academic/special collections librarians interested in comics.

Calling All Comics Research/Academic/Special Collections Librarians and Archivists:

We are working with the Comics Studies Society to determine if there is interest in creating a caucus of research/academic/special collections librarians and archivists similar to the existing Graduate Student Caucus – of the Comics Studies Society (comicssociety.org).  While groups like the ALA Graphic Novel Round Table exist to serve a broader community, we see a potential niche in the network of librarians specifically supporting comics studies scholarship and teaching and the growing network of research (rather than leisure) focused collections, either circulating or special.   Possible activities of the caucus could include:

Please respond to Scott Walter ([log in to unmask]) and Jenny Robb ([log in to unmask]) to let us know if you might be interested in this type of group.  At this point, we are not asking you to sign up for anything, just indicate if you are interested in joining the conversation.  Please feel free to forward or repost this to help us spread the word!

Thanks,

Scott Walter, MLS, PhD

Dean of Library and Information Access

San Diego State University

5500 Campanile Drive
San Diego, California
92182-8050

[log in to unmask] | https://library.sdsu.edu/ | @slwalter123

and

Jenny E. Robb
Curator and Associate Professor
The Ohio State University
Billy Ireland Cartoon Library & Museum
110 Sullivant Hall, 1813 N. High Street, Columbus, OH 43210
614-292-0538 Office
       cartoons.osu.edu