Error during command authentication.

Error - unable to initiate communication with LISTSERV (errno=10061, phase=CONNECT, target=127.0.0.1:2306). The server is probably not started. Dear all,

We are all still attempting to share experiences. As such I am presenting a number of virtual Book Arts workshops for CBA in NYC and for Frontline Arts in NJ. I would appreciate  if you could share the links with colleagues that may have an interest.

At Center For Book Arts:

Flag Book Journey - https://centerforbookarts.org/classes/flag-book-journey - February 18, 2021 - 10-12
Flexagon Book-
https://centerforbookarts.org/classes/flexagon-book - March 4, 2021 - 12-3 pm
Haiku Accordion Miniature Book -
https://centerforbookarts.org/classes/haiku-accordion-miniature-book - March 24, 2021 - 10 - 12

At Frontline Arts:

Three Structures: Exploring the Book As Art - https://www.frontlinearts.org/upcoming-events/2021workshops/threestructures Four Zoom sessions - Wed March 10, 2021 - 1:30- 3:30pm
Thursdays April 8, 15 and 22 - 1:30 -3:30 pm

As book artist we always attempt to match structure with theme. Come and learn three structures that are diverse and can be applied to varied content within your own book art journey.

Haiku Miniature Accordion Book
Our natural surrounding, bugs, trees, flowers, animals, all speak of time, renewal, continuity and the healing power of nature. This book celebrates the resilience and diversity in nature and in all of us.

The FLAG BOOK - Originally created by Hedi Kyle, the flag book is a very exciting form, where the layered pages criss-cross each other when opening and closing, making the book a living, moving, interactive entity. The flags have wonderful movement and allow for multiple images and content. Each student will design a 3 dimensional book by using diverse printing methods: collage, photos, etc. to create their own designs for the pages and the covers. A truly unique work will emerge.

FLEXAGON BOOK - This movable book springs to life when opened, like a flower. We will use stencils and stamp pads to create our unique designs, and bring all together and bind this wonderful book.

Thank you and wish you the best
Maria

Maria G Pisano
Memory Press
MGP Studio Arts
www.mariagpisano.com

"All history was a palimpsest, scraped clean and reinscribed exactly as often as was necessary. In no case would it have been possible, once the deed was done, to prove that any falsification had taken place." 1984 by George Orwell