Hi Everyone,

The VRA conference is virtual this year. You may attend this conference at the same price as a VRA member by virtue of your belonging to an affiliate organization. It's a bargain at $100!

Please see the announcement below.

Your ARLIS/NA-VRA Liaison,
Karen Bouchard

ARLIS/NA:

Hello! I'm writing to share information about the 2021 VRA Conference, which will take place March 22-26, 2021. If you are not familiar with our organization, we are the VRA, formerly known as the Visual Resources Association. Like many organizations, we have moved all our events online, allowing us to offer workshops, panels, lectures, and social events at a reduced rate this year. The organizers have worked hard to create a robust program that will benefit professionals in a variety of fields, including higher education, the corporate sector, museums, and archives. The full program is available on Sched: https://vra2021.sched.com/.

The 2021 conference was designed around the lifecycle of the visual asset, which you can read more about below. In addition to several Chicago-themed presentations, we are excited to announce our keynote speaker, Steven D. Booth, a Chicago-area archivist, researcher, and co-founder of the Blackivists. Mr. Booth's lecture is sponsored by the VRA Foundation and is open to everyone. Even if you cannot attend the conference, we invite you to join us for this event, which will be live-streamed March 24, 2021, 11:00 am-12:30 pm CDT

VRA members and members of affiliate organizations (ARLIS/NA, CAA, SAH, SECAC, and CAICC) can register for $100. The non-members cost is $200, which includes a year membership in the organization. Registration is reduced further for students, retirees, and those without employment ($75/$125). These early bird rates are extended through March 6. Workshops cost an additional $20-$40, but this year (for a small fee) you can register for any of the three workshops separate from the conference. The workshop topics are: OpenRefine, Visual Communication, and Digital Accessibility and Accessible Design.

Each week between now and the conference we are sharing information related to the conference on our website and over email. You can read the three most recent posts here:
http://vraweb.org/vra-2021-workshops/
http://vraweb.org/vra-2021-lifecycle-visual-assets/
http://vraweb.org/vra-2021-deia-events

If you would like to receive the emails, send a message to [log in to unmask] with your preferred email address. I will send the emails directly to you. Your email address will not be used outside the conference promotion.

If you have any questions let me know!  Please forward this email to anyone else who may be interested.

Meghan Rubenstein
VRA Public Relations and Communications Officer

virtualChicago Land Acknowledgment
VRA/VRAF Joint Solidarity Statement

--
Karen A. Bouchard
Arts & Humanities Librarian

Rockefeller Library, Box A
10 Prospect Street
Brown University
Providence, RI 02912  USA

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need. Cicero. Epistulae ad Familiares, book IX, epistle 4.