Hi all—One of our faculty is looking for a text to replace “Art in the age of digital distribution” (New Media Art, 2006) as a first-week reading in an Intro to New Media Arts course. Not only is this chapter a bit outdated in general, it also uses outdated and exclusionary language about gender.

The faculty appreciates the brevity and relative comprehensiveness of this introduction, as well as the inclusion of relevant images and focus on specifically new media art (compared to digital art, internet art, etc.). I’ve been on the hunt for a couple weeks now, so I thought I’d reach out and ask if any of you have recommendations that immediately come to mind.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Please feel welcome to reply off list at [log in to unmask] and thank you in advance!

Meg Galasso

Information Services Librarian & Archivist

Liaison to School of Humanities & Social Sciences

Pronouns: she/her/hers