Dear ARLIS/NA community,

For the month of March, the Diversity and Inclusion Committee is celebrating Women's History Month. We invite submissions for The Art of Diversity (https://arlisdivcom.wordpress.com/) that feature the multiplicity and depth of women's experiences in the contexts of art or art librarianship.

We recognize that our usage of the word "woman" is an umbrella term, and that other terms such as "femme" and "womxn" are also used to probe at gender biases inherent in our language. For our purposes, we intend for  “woman” to include all cis, non-binary, and trans women and any other person who identifies as a woman.

We invite you to contact us if you are interested in writing a blog post on this theme. Potential topics could be:
Writing for the Art of Diversity blog is easy and the co-editors are here to help you. See our Guidelines and Best Practices (http://bit.ly/AofD-guidelines) and please contact us with any ideas or questions. If we receive multiple post ideas, we'll space them out throughout the month.

We're excited to hear from you!

K. Sarah Ostrach ([log in to unmask])
Kress Fellow in Art Librarianship @ Yale University

Mimosa Shah ([log in to unmask])
MS/LIS Student @ University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign

Mimosa Shah (she/her/hers)
Libraries, Museums, and Digital Cultural Heritage
University of Illinois, iSchool - MS/LIS (expected December 2021)
Twitter @mimosaishere, LinkedIn mimosas