From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Janelle Rebel
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2021 12:44 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Announcing Paper Jam Virtual Alternative Book Fair - Feb 8-12, 2021

Paper Jam, an annual event at Ringling College of Art and Design that brings independent artists' publishing to Sarasota and the Creative Coast, is going virtual this year! Our 2020/2021 event will be an interactive, virtual showcase on social media happening February 8-12, 2021.

At a time when many are coming together to call for systemic change, Paper Jam’s mission to empower emerging and diverse voices has never felt more relevant. This year's chosen theme--MOVEMENT--is inspired by ongoing social movements for racial justice, gender equality, and diversity inclusion.

Paper Jam’s Instagram (@rcadpaperjam), Facebook (@rcadpaperjam), and hashtag (#rcadpaperjam) will spotlight artists who are engaged in community activism or are addressing themes of injustice in their work, plus interactive stories to foster dialogue and encourage collaboration with other thinkers and makers. The event will focus on the ideas, interests, and processes that drive folx to publish.

Discover new artists and publishers daily! The following featured artists, invited by the Paper Jam organizers, self-curated a small selection of their work for our virtual showcase: Adriana Monsalve + Caterina Ragg (Homie House Press), Allison Leialoha Milham, Ben Blount, Chip Thomas (of the Painted Desert Project), Gonzalo Guerrero (Secret Riso Club), Jen White-Johnson, Jia Sung, Meredith Stern (of the Justseeds Artists' Cooperative), Rockland Page (ROCKaBLOCK LLC), and Vivian Sming (Sming Sming Books).

Join in! Create a public post on Instagram or Facebook during the Paper Jam Virtual Alternative Book Fair from February 8-12 that engages with the MOVEMENT theme. This post can feature your work or boost the work of other creators that inspire you. Tag @rcadpaperjam and #rcadpaperjam so we can share your post. Follow us on Instagram and Facebook to get the latest updates and more ideas on how to participate.

We look forward to seeing you during our virtual event!

The Paper Jam Organizing Committee

(Bridget Elmer, Janelle Rebel, Alexandra Vargas-Fournier, Kristina Keogh, Petar Pirizovic, Pearl Stockwell, Emily Fromhage, Linda Cavalieri)

--

Paper Jam

paperjam.us

Facebook, Instagram: @rcadpaperjam

Janelle Rebel

Digital Curation and Special Collections Librarian

Brizdle-Schoenberg Special Collections Center

Ringling College of Art and Design

2700 N Tamiami Trail

Sarasota, FL 34234-5895

(941) 359-7583