Sam--
I want to give it some more thought but my immediate reaction is a couple
impulsive concerns/issues. My old dumb phone (LG, kind of like a
Blackberry) could take pictures. So could my iPod. I have taken pictures
with my digital camera and uploaded them to Flickr and then posted them to
Instagram. When it's on Instagram, I don't think its history would be
clear. I recognize a potential need to convey "smartphone photography" but
I wonder if pairing a new heading like "Smartphones as cameras" or
"Smartphone cameras" with "Photography--Digital techniques" would be a
better place to go.

Sherman Clarke
Alfred, NY