Seeking Lightning Round speakers for Adaptability, Ingenuity, and Opportunity: VR Professionals During a Pandemic

Nearly one year into the pandemic, all of us have both experienced and had time to reflect upon the significant changes in our professional roles and work lives. To that end, we are seeking proposals to present lightning round talks in the virtual session “Adaptability, Ingenuity, and Opportunity: VR Professionals During a Pandemic,” to be held at the VRA Conference from 10 a.m.-11 a.m. on March 23, 2020 (see original proposal below). Envisioned as concise five-minute talks designed to generate an energetic dialogue, successful proposals will briefly address the following questions:

  1. What professional problem emerging from the pandemic does your talk seek to address?
  2. How did you approach addressing the problem?
  3. And most importantly, based on this experience, what changes do you anticipate in your professional life and in the profession moving forward? And how can we be proactive in sustaining these changes as we return to an in-person work environment?

Talks may address these topics among others

The deadline for proposals is Monday, February 8th, with acceptances arriving by Monday, February 15th. Please submit your proposals at https://forms.gle/ctGyw1gcz7Hy4JY29.

Note: In order to ensure that talks can fit within the concise parameters of a five-minute lightning round, drafts will be expected by March 10th, followed by a practice session prior to the conference. Please do not let this hold you back in from submitting your proposal! The session organizers will be available throughout the process to assist in any way necessary, including brainstorming how best to translate your topic into a five minute talk.

Skye Lacerte (she/her/hers) | DB Dowd Modern Graphic History Library Curator

Special Collections | Washington University Libraries

Washington University in St. Louis

1 Brookings Drive, Campus box 1061 | St. Louis, MO 63130

ph: 314.935.7741 | [log in to unmask]