Thanks Tina!

At one time topics such as this were discussed on SCIPIO-L, which evidently still has 653 subscribers, but I can’t recall receiving a message from the list in years. Ironically, looking through the list’s archives just now, I see that the last substantive posting (Feb. 2, 2017) was made by Rodica Krauss on this exact subject.

Nearly four years later there’s now obviously more widespread interest in the topic, which has gained real urgency as a result of the pandemic-driven acceleration of the shift to online-only sales and sale catalogs. As a practical matter I’m especially interested in knowing how others are archiving online-only sales -- a couple of posters have mentioned doing this -- and as a legal matter what the copyright implications of this practice might be. These both seem like major hurdles.

Thanks again for taking the lead with the SIG, Tina!

Chris

Christopher Handy

Technical Services Librarian

Saint Louis Art Museum

1 Fine Arts Drive

Forest Park

St. Louis, Missouri 63110-1331

Phone: 314.655.5456

Email: [log in to unmask]

/Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_2087226148

/Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_187578802  /Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_91757764  /Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1426159572  /Users/jpelhank/Library/Containers/com.microsoft.Outlook/Data/Library/Caches/Signatures/signature_1571141414