What a LONG year with an excess of difficult events it has been! As a result of circumstances, mail art has seen a resurgence in 2020 and I've been working on this postcard exchange project, "How's the weather here there?" since January 1st that ends on December 31st.

The goal has been to create connections and an abstract record of the year. The project will later exhibit as an art show TBD and be published as a book where proceeds will provide support to organizations assisting people experiencing homelessness to continue the exchange.

To participate, describe your current inner and outer landscape (physical space, emotional state, whatever that means to you) on a postcard and mail it to me:

Erin Fussell
P.O. Box 13414
Los Angeles, CA 90013

If you include a return address, I will write back to you describing mine in that particular moment. Addresses will be removed for public presentation.

Occasionally, I share updates on social media using the hashtag #howstheweatherherethere and you can view the invitation on my website as well: https://erinfussell.com/new/

Final month of the project! I have the post office box into January so everything postmarked by 12/31 will be included in the project collection.

I want to thank you so much for participating and the ongoing enthusiasm for the project!

Erin Fussell
Artist | Digital Library Assistant, Getty Research Institute | MLIS student, SJSU iSchool