Please see below the invitation for this year’s Arcadia Library Lecture at the Philadelphia Museum of Art, organized in partnership with the Getty Research Institute.  We hope you’ll be able to join us! (and apologies in advance for cross-posting.)

Best,

Kristen

Kristen Regina
Arcadia Director of the Library and Archives

t 215-684-7651

Philadelphia Museum of Art
PO Box 7646, Philadelphia, PA 19101-7646

www.philamuseum.org

You’re invited to our annual Arcadia Library Lecture͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏ ͏

No images? Click here

Man in a Café

The Arensbergs’ Hollywood House-Museum

Tuesday, December 15
6:00 – 7:30 p.m.

As a valued member of our community, we invite you to join us for this year’s annual Arcadia Library Lecture, The Arensbergs’ Hollywood House-Museum.

Many of the most famous pieces of modern European and pre-Columbian art at the Philadelphia Museum of Art came from the collection of Louise and Walter Arensberg. A new book, Hollywood Arensberg: Avant-Garde Collecting in Midcentury L.A., offers a room-by-room tour using historic photographs and archival materials. The museum is excited to host authors Mark Nelson, William H. Sherman, and Ellen Hoobler for a virtual discussion with Matthew Affron, the museum’s Muriel and Philip Berman Curator of Modern Art.

Register here for this program.

Once you register, you’ll receive a confirmation email with a link to the program. Registration must be completed in advance of the program.

Man in a Café (detail), 1912, by Juan Gris (The Louise and Walter Arensberg Collection, 1950-134-94)

The Arcadia Library Lecture is generously supported by the Arcadia Foundation.

Follow Us

Facebook

Twitter

YouTube