Like many conferences, the March 2021 VRA (Visual Resources Association)
meeting has been moved online. While we will miss the in-person
interaction, we have been working hard to plan a virtual conference
experience that offers the same opportunities for learning, reflection, and
community building people have come to expect.

We also hope that a virtual conference will allow us to reach many who have
not heard of the VRA, but would benefit from membership, and those who are
normally unable to attend the annual conference in person. To facilitate
attendance, this year's Travel Awards are being offered in the form of *full
registration and VRA membership scholarships*. Everyone is welcome to
apply! In our efforts to consider the potential impact of Covid-19 on
professional development funds and income insecurity, we ask that those
with applicable institutional funding not apply this year.

About the Conference: *VRA 2021: virtualChicago *

Engage and collaborate with colleagues from diverse workplaces including
higher education, the corporate sector, museums, and archives. The VRA
offers a conference culture of generous knowledge sharing with the
opportunity to explore digital asset management, intellectual property
rights, digital humanities, metadata standards, coding, imaging best
practices and so much more. This year’s program highlights various stages
in the lifecycle of visual assets, including capture, conceptualization,
use, preservation, access, management, and description. The full schedule
is available (with more additions to come) at https://vra2021.sched.com/.

Learn more about the VRA: http://vraweb.org  <http://vraweb.org/>

Learn more about the 2021 conference, virtualChicago:
http://vraweb.org/2021-chicago

Learn more about available scholarships (deadline November 30 at 11:59 pm
EST): http://vraweb.org/2021-chicago/travel-awards
<http://vraweb.org/2021-chicago/travel-awards>

Please email [log in to unmask] if you have any questions. The Travel
Awards Committee looks forward to receiving your applications!

Meghan Rubenstein

Co-Chair, VRA Travel Awards Committee

--
Karen A. Bouchard
Arts & Humanities Librarian

Rockefeller Library, Box A
10 Prospect Street
Brown University
Providence, RI 02912  USA

Phone: (401) 863-3218

Librarian profile page and subject guides
<http://libguides.brown.edu/prf.php?account_id=54285>

Images at Brown blog latest entry.
<https://sites.google.com/a/brown.edu/image-collections-in-the-brown-library/new-posts-4/womenofthe18thcentury>

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Cicero. *Epistulae
ad Familiares*, book IX, epistle 4.