Dear colleagues,

I hope this message finds everyone well.

I have a grad student who is researching the provenance of:

·       Pieter Aertsen’s A Meat Stall With Holy Family Giving Alms (1551)

·       Annibale Carracci’s The Butcher’s Shop (1583)
(The painting in the Christ Church Picture Gallery, Oxford. Not the version at the Kimbell Art Museum)

If someone has access to the catalogues raisonnés for these artists and can provide a scan with details about either painting’s provenance (as available) both the student and I would be very grateful!

Though I do not have specific page numbers, possible sources include:

·       L'opera completa di Annibale Carracci, Gianfranco Malafarina, 1976

·       Annibale Carracci, Donald Posner, 1971 (all our copies are currently on loan)

·       The Paintings of Pieter Aertsen, Mary Braman Buchanan, 1975

Thanks in advance,
Sara

Sara Ellis  MLIS, MA, BA (She, Her, Hers<https://equity.ubc.ca/resources/gender-diversity/pronouns/>)
Art Librarian
UBC Library | Music, Art & Architecture Library
Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) Territory
414-1961 East Mall | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
604-827-3549 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
barber.library.ubc.ca<https://www.barber.library.ubc.ca/>