Dear Colleagues,

After a successful launch earlier this summer, we would like to bring to your attention a new opportunity for professors to hold Online Open Sessions<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/74977/online-open-sessions> remotely around Collection<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/about-collection> material. We hope that this will be useful for your teaching this coming semester, whether in design studios, large lectures or seminars, and we look forward to hearing from you.

CCA Open Sessions welcome instructors to make a thematic selection of objects from our Collection and from our research, exhibition, publication, and public program projects in relation to the guiding questions of their course, and to lead their class around it. We consider our Collection an active resource that invites interrogation, inspection, and debate from many perspectives. Online Open Sessions increase access to our Open Sessions program by making it available virtually and internationally.

We particularly encourage proposals for Online Open Sessions from instructors teaching classes with topics related to race and social justice, environmental racism, and settler colonialism; that address geographies that include sub-Saharan Africa and South East Asia; and that originate from institutions outside of North America and Western Europe. We also welcome applications from sessional faculty.

For Winter/Spring 2021, Online Open Sessions are available Mondays through Fridays, and can last up to 1.5 hours. Typically, about fifteen objects can be included in one session, though this is dependent upon material type and condition. The most availability is between 10am - 3pm Montreal time, but we will do our best to accommodate a diversity of time zones.

To request an Online Open Session, please send the following materials to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>: a 200-word description of your proposed session, two or more sample objects selected through our Collection search<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/search>, your preferred week for the session to take place between 25 January and 28 May, and your class syllabus.

The deadline to send a request for a 2021 Winter/Spring Online Open Session<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/74977/online-open-sessions> is 11 December. Proposals will be assessed according to whether the Collection has material to substantially support the topic of the class and in relation to the criteria listed above. Notice will be sent by 18 December.

Please don't hesitate to email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> for any questions.

All best,

Gwen Mayhew

---

Gwen Mayhew
Chef, Accès à la collection
Head, Collection Access

Centre Canadien d'Architecture
Canadian Centre for Architecture
+1 5149397001x2518

Nous avons commencé à publier des livres avant même d'avoir un bâtiment<https://bit.ly/3eKor0c>
We've been making books since before we had a building<https://bit.ly/36f5dw4>

---

Viveca Pattison Robichaud
Conservateur, Livres
Curator, Books

Centre Canadien d'Architecture
Canadian Centre for Architecture
1920, rue Baile, Montréal, Québec, Canada, H3H 2S6
+1 5149397001x1380
cca.qc.ca<https://www.cca.qc.ca/fr/?utm_source=fr_email_signature&utm_medium=email>
Twitter<https://www.twitter.com/ccawire> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/canadiancentreforarchitecture/> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/cca.conversation> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/CCAchannel>

Inscrivez-vous<https://www.cca.qc.ca/fr/?go=enews&utm_source=fr_email_signature&utm_medium=email> pour recevoir de nos nouvelles.
Sign up<https://www.cca.qc.ca/en/?go=enews&utm_source=en_email_signature&utm_medium=email> to get news from us.