Hi ARLIS/NA,

I'm sharing a call for proposals on behalf of Derek C. Zoladz<https://www.derekzoladz.com/>, a library systems analyst for OhioNET.

Speculative Futures: Post-Pandemic Libraries<https://futures.alaoweb.org/> will be a web-based publication of projects of yet-unimagined future libraries. "Post-pandemic" is a nebulous time frame; it could be immediate or far into the future. Projects might be short stories, photo essays, sketches, or manifestos.

This web-based publication stems from two speculative design events, the July presentation Speculative and Critical Design and Libraries<https://tedsig.alaoweb.org/> by John Jung and Design After the End of the World: Speculative Design and Climate Change Reading Group<https://www.latitudechicago.org/classes-and-workshops/design-after-the-end-of-the-world-speculative-design-and-climate-reading-group>.

I attended both events and am happy to chat with anyone interested in learning more about Derek's project. You can reach out to me at [log in to unmask] or to Derek at [log in to unmask]

Best,
Shannon

Shannon Marie Robinson she/her/hers
Assistant Director, Fisher Fine Arts Library<https://www.library.upenn.edu/finearts>