Dear Colleagues,

The Art Librarians Society of North America - New York Chapter is seeking members for six executive Board positions: Vice-Chair/Chair-Elect, Secretary, Programming Coordinator (Member-At-Large), Social Media Coordinator,  Student/Early Professional Liaison, and News Editor.

We seek nominations (self-nominations are encouraged) for all open positions, even those traditionally appointed by the Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson-Elect (these are the Social Media Coordinator and News Editor positions). For more information on the responsibilities for each position, see the post on the website.

Due to these unprecedented times, and because membership in both the Chapter and ARLIS/NA is required to serve on the Board, the Board decided to wave chapter dues and sponsor national memberships for new board positions who are not yet members and are currently students or unemployed and are selected to serve on the Executive Board.

To learn more about our Chapter, see the history page and bylaws. To see who is currently serving on the Board.

For questions and all nominations (self, encouraged), please contact me directly. Those interested in serving on the Board will need to submit a cover letter and CV by Thursday, October 22nd.

Board terms begin on January 1, 2021. The committee and open Board member positions are detailed below.

With kind regards,

Samantha Deutch

ARLIS/NA NY, Vice-Chairperson/Chairperson-Elect

Samantha Deutch, MLIS, Assistant Director

Center for the History of Collecting

Frick Art Reference Library, The Frick Collection

10 East 71st Street

New York, New York 10021

PH: 212.547.6894

Fax: 212.547.0680