From: Светлана Костанян
Sent: Monday, October 12, 2020 8:58 AM
To: Regina, Kristen
Subject: Museum Libraries in Modern Society

Dear colleagues,

We invite you to take part in the annual conference ‘Museum Libraries in Modern Society: Custodians of Book Collections’.

The Conference will be held online using ZOOM technology on 20-22 October 2020.

Information and programme are available from the Moscow Kremlin Museums website (Science): https://www.kreml.ru/research/conferences-and-seminars/khraniteli-knizhnykh-sobraniy/

The international format envisages simultaneous translation from Russian into English and vice versa.

To join us please use the following link to register: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlf-qrqDgqGtbtKh26pz4HnL0rZmia9YJa

Meeting Registration - Zoom<https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZAlf-qrqDgqGtbtKh26pz4HnL0rZmia9YJa>
us02web.zoom.us
Welcome! You are invited to join a meeting: Музейные библиотеки в совре&#1084;енно&#1084; обществе. Хранители книжных коллекций.. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email about joining the meeting.

The theme of the conference is the role of a librarian in the history of museum and book collections. We are planning to discuss the following topics:

- historical book collections and their custodians;

- librarianship: history of a profession;

- library custodians in the second half of the 19th and early 20th centuries - scholars;

- librarians and bibliophiles;

-preservation of book collections in times of changes: the role of a librarian;

-librarian as a researcher and popularizer of book collections.

We shall be glad if you join our conference.

Coordinator: Head, Department of the Scientific Reference Library – Svetlana Kostanyan. Tel/fax: +7-495-695-39-98, e-mail: [log in to unmask]