Dear András,

Just a quick note to wish you well and to let you know how much I have admired and looked up to you throughout my career. Not only for the expertise you shared and the collections you developed in support of the Aga Khan Program and Islamic art and architecture researchers worldwide, but also for your work to document cultural heritage destruction (and war crimes) in the Balkans and to raise awareness of the issue of deliberate architectural heritage destruction as a means of erasing an ethnic group’s history. Wishing that this kind of destruction were no longer in the news!

May you find much pleasure in your post-retirement activities, and may we all be able to travel and visit libraries again after this pandemic.

Congratulations and best wishes,

Janine Henri

Architecture and Design Librarian

UCLA Arts Library