Apologies for cross-posting.

Hello ARLISians!

Art Library Students and New ARLIS/NA Professionals (ArLiSNAP) and Visual Resources Association's Emerging Professionals And Students Group (VREPS) invite you to save the date for our 2020 Virtual Conference: Visualizing Your Future Art Information Career.

This conference is open to all, but focuses on the needs of students and new professionals. It will provide attendees interested in art librarianship or visual resources management the opportunity to learn about pursuing a career in art information, present their work through virtual posters, and discover projects and research seeking to foster diversity, equity, and inclusion in the field.

Our calls for students, new professionals, and experienced professionals to present in different sessions are outlined below. If you have any questions in the meantime, please send an email copying the ArLiSNAP and VREPS emails: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]

SAVE THE DATE
The virtual conference will take place on Saturday, November 14th - Sunday, November 15th. The full program and registration information will be released on the ArLiSNAP blog and VREPS blog. To stay up-to-date, subscribe to the ArLiSNAP listserv, follow ArLiSNAP on Twitter / Instagram, and check the VREPS blog.

TIMELINE

SUBMISSION FORM

You are welcome to submit for more than one of the categories below (poster proposers, panelists, presenters, and discussion facilitators). Please submit a form for each session category in which you are interested.
https://forms.gle/Sr8nCaYSjPE6jTzH8

CALL FOR VIRTUAL POSTER PRESENTATIONS
Students and New Professionals

ArLiSNAP and VREPS welcome proposals from students and new professionals with an interest in art librarianship or visual resources management to share newly completed or in-progress projects, be they research or outcomes from an internship/practicum/etc. via a virtual poster presentation at our 2020 Virtual Conference. This is an opportunity for emerging professionals to share their work in a supportive and engaging space while connecting with other students and early career information professionals. Proposals are open to individual presenters and co-presenters. More details for formatting will be sent if selected, but for examples please see the Poster section of this page for examples of how they will be presented asynchronously, virtually.

CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS:
Working Towards Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: Current Initiatives in the Art Information Profession

Students, Any Level of Professional (New - Experienced)

ArLiSNAP and VREPS would like to share current initiatives in the field of art information focusing on diversity, equity, and inclusion for students and new professionals to discover new approaches and ideas as they navigate their careers. This prompt is purposefully open-ended to encourage a variety of lenses on DEI and art information, and solo or collaborative presentations are welcome. Students and all levels of professionals are welcome to submit proposals for a 15 minute virtual presentation

CALL FOR PANELISTS

Experienced Art Librarians or Visual Resource Professionals

ArLiSNAP and VREPS are seeking art information professionals to serve on panels and help facilitate break out conversations for the following events at our upcoming conference:

CALL FOR DISCUSSION FACILITATORS

Experienced Art Librarians or Visual Resource Professionals

ArLiSNAP and VREPS are seeking art information professionals to help facilitate break out conversations for the following events at our upcoming conference:

Thank you for your time and consideration. We hope to see you at the conference! If you have any questions in the meantime, please send an email copying the ArLiSNAP and VREPS emails: [log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]