Increasing I’m seeing the notation that a title is not available in ebook format ‘in your country’ from one vendor or another: Taylor & Francis, EBSCO, ProQuest, etc.  I’m seeing this for Routledge titles, for instance. Today, it was for an e-version of Michel Foucault’s The Order of Things: an archaeology of the human sciences. Seriously?

What the heck is going on? Has this anything to do with Amazon offering the same titles for Kindle? Are academic libraries being muscled out?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Kathy Edwards

Emery A. Gunnin Architecture Library

Clemson University