I was so sorry to hear this news about a great former colleague Sally Sims Stokes.
Sally and I shared space in the Architecture Library at the University of Maryland College Park for four years from 1988-92. She curated the National Historic Preservation Library while I was the head of the Architecture Library. We became great friends, saw each other through our pregnancies (our sons), and stayed in touch even when I left Maryland for California. Sally had an infectious positive outlook on life, including her work as a librarian and professor. She was devoted to her husband Sam and son Thomas. We have lost a wonderful colleague too soon.

Leslie Abrams