The ARLIS/NA Anti-Racism Task Force is seeking members. We are looking for
a diversity of backgrounds, identities, job types, regions, and institution
types and sizes to contribute to this effort. If you are passionate about
this work, please consider volunteering.

The Anti-Racism Task Force is a 12 month commitment with monthly meetings
and potential ad-hoc meetings for emergent topics. Please see below for the
task force make up, project scope, and intended deliverables for the Task
Force.

Please fill out this form to volunteer
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfpe8-pkfgiKKTJYlZcZyDMZ6kooWNJBSl0sSo87rLPT5lqag/viewform?usp=sf_link>
for the Anti-Racism Task Force.

Task Force:

   -

   Heather Slania & Amy Trendler, co-chairs
   -

   Diversity Committee representative
   -

   Strategic Directions Committee representative
   -

   Up to 4 additional members

Project scope:

In the June 8th 2020 ARLIS/NA Advocacy: Statement Against Anti-Black Racism
and Violence, it was stated “As an organization, the Art Libraries Society
of North America will hold itself accountable to continue the challenging,
but necessary, work ahead: educating and self-educating, disrupting
structural racism perpetuated in our institutional systems, and building
equity through forums for discussion, policy, and action.”

The Anti-Racism Task Force will develop a long-term plan in order to
realize our commitment to addressing systemic racism in ARLIS/NA and the
visual arts information profession.

Deliverables:

   -

   Solicit input from membership and gather information on past and current
   ideas
   -

   Review and assess information
   -

   Identify potential actions and recommendations
   -

   Develop actions and recommendations into SMARTIE
   <https://www.managementcenter.org/resources/smartie-goals-worksheet/>
   goals
   -

   Build a plan and establish a timeline
   -

   Propose implementation responsibilities
   -

   Develop evaluation and accountability processes
   -

   Share quarterly progress reports with membership
   -

   Prepare recommendations for the board by the end of the 12 month period
   for next steps and the next iteration of the task force

*Heather Slania*
Director
Decker Library
[image: MICA Logo] <https://www.mica.edu/>
1300 W Mount Royal Ave.
Baltimore, MD 21217
410.225.2311
. .
Pronouns in use: she, her, hers

*View our current operations information*
<https://www.mica.edu/libraries/decker-library/about/current-operations-information/>

Schedule a research consultation
<https://calendly.com/libraryresearchconsultations>

Schedule a meeting with me <https://calendly.com/hslania>