From: Barbara Ann Opar
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2020 10:43 AM
Cc: Barbara Ann Opar <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Architecture Libraries and COVID-- complete by august 21, 2020

Hi all—I imagine you are all in the midst of preparations for what may be a challenging semester. But we are still hoping that you will a take a few minutes to complete the survey which follows. The survey will help inform an article in preparation by Rose Orcutt, Lucy Campbell, Kathy Edwards, Maya Gervits and me- Barbara Opar. We think it important to document what happened back in March, how we all responded and to develop best practices moving forward. If you have already done so—our sincere thanks. Here are the details:

This Survey to capture the work life changes and challenges architecture librarians faced in the first half of 2020 in response to the COVID19 global health emergency.

This survey is entirely voluntary and will take approximately 15-20 minutes to complete. Your refusal to participate will involve no penalty or loss of benefits to you. You may refuse to answer any questions that you do not want to answer. Please note that your responses are anonymous and no individual identifying information is being collected.

There are no known risks to participating in this survey and there is no cost to you for participating in this survey. There are no direct benefits to you for participating in this survey but your feedback may help architecture librarians better understand what challenges you encountered during the spring semester of 2020.

If you have questions, concerns, or complaints, or think the research has hurt you, talk to the research team at [log in to unmask].  You may also contact the research participant advocate at 716-888-4845 or [log in to unmask]

This research has been reviewed and approved by an Institutional Review Board (“IRB”). An IRB is a committee that provides ethical and regulatory oversight of research that involves human subjects. You may talk to them at (716) 888-4888 or email [log in to unmask] if:

Please access the survey by clicking on the link below. By clicking on the link, you indicate your willingness to participate in the survey.

https://baseline.campuslabs.com/uab/archlibcovid19

The survey ends August 21, 2020. Thank you for your participation!!

Barbara Opar, Syracuse University