Hi:
Some people had asked me to post the advanced orientation when it went up; it's up now.

https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/guide/design/advanced

Thanks-

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 2:23 PM Karen DeWitt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi:
The website actually just went up yesterday.  I based it on the format that LinkedIn Learning uses; I've done some of their courses and I felt the format was great. If you haven't done one, it's basically a series of short videos, and each topic is separated out, which makes it really easy to go back and look at them again.  So here's the website:

https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/guide/design/basics

I used some of the online tutorials that the library already had and I made more videos myself (after learning iMovie from LinkedIn Learning).  The sound quality isn't always great because I was recording at home from my laptop, but they are all closed captioned, which I hope will help.   The content was really intended to be the basics; how to find and get a book or article or image; it's mostly all about procedures.

I've got another one in the works for the graduate students, but that isn't up yet.  It will probably be up in a couple weeks, and I can send that link then if you want it.   Hope this helps. thanks!