Our library wants to get a new version of the LC Easy test program, and before we do, we are wondering if there's an alternative out there to training new library employees in learning the LC call number system. Are there any other programs, or is LC Easy the gold standard (or the only option)?

Also, our version of LC Easy seems to be quite old; I can't even tell what version it is, at least not remotely - though, looking at the dates attached to the files, it may be from 1998 (! is that possible??). Before we spend $100, does anyone know if the new version, LC Easy 4.0, is actually an upgrade? (I see there's a demo but I do not want to download to my personal laptop.)
https://librarytools.com/lc-easy-order

Thanks!
Chantal

Chantal Sulkow
Acquisitions Librarian
Bard Graduate Center
Decorative Arts, Design History, Material Culture
38 West 86th Street, New York, NY 10024
T 212-501-3039