Hello,

I hope this email finds you well. As the start of the semester draws ever closer our library has decided we will not allow access into our open stacks this fall. While library users can use the ProQuest Primo browsing function and still check materials out through contactless pickup I am finding that the lack of access to browsing the shelves and skimming through print materials is going to be a hindrance to many of the classes I teach. Normally, I would teach classes and pull relevant print materials to entice students during my instruction session.  I find having physical items during sessions for students to look at keeps them involved and engaged. With the lack of access to materials, having to quarantine shared materials for 72 hours, and mostly teaching online I am trying to come up with new ways to showcase physical materials and their contents. So far I have considered making short videos or just highlighting certain materials live while teaching, but I am thinking many of you are in a similar position and may have ideas to share. I welcome any suggestions or ideas you are willing to share. Please respond off list and if you are interested in the responses let me know and I will compile and share.

Thank you.

Best,

Andi Back

Fine Arts and Humanities Librarian