There is a series of fascinating books on the history of individual colors. They focus on Europe but include a lot of info about other regions of the world. Best wishes.  Ellen Chapman

Author: Pastoureau, Michel

Publisher: Princeton University Press

Titles:

Yellow: the history of a color (2019)

Red: the history of a color (2017)

Green: the history of a color (2014)

Black: the history of a color (2009)

Blue: the history of a color (2001)

On Tue, Aug 11, 2020 at 1:42 AM Kim Detterbeck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi All,

I am working with a faculty member on research regarding non-european approaches to/thoughts on color theory. These are his exact words: " In particular, I'm trying to find the very elusive: good resources on non-Eurocentric color. That is, how is/are color(s) understood in, say, India, or West Africa, etc. In the past, I found this had to be assembled piecemeal from random sources."

Any advice, direction, insights would be much appreciated!

With thanks,
Kim Detterbeck
Art Librarian | Instruction Coordinator
Purchase College - SUNY