Hello collective wisdom!

This is the first of two emails I plan on sending today to help me get ready for the fall semester. I am working with a drawing class that will be delivered in a hybrid mode, with in-person time focusing on critiques only, so the faculty member and I wanted to compile a large list of suggestions for open access image collections students might browse through for inspiration, to develop their aesthetic sensibilities, for visual references, etc. I have many already compiled, but I wanted to reach out to see if anyone has recommendations for collections of digital images they particularly like that do not focus specifically on fine art or design, such as biomedical images, process diagrams or schematics, stamp collections, or various public domain ephemera. Small, niche collections are totally welcome. Basically, does anyone have any off-the-beaten-path pet favorites for this type of thing?

Feel free to respond to me off-list at [log in to unmask]. Thank you in advance!

Best,
Maggie

--
Maggie Murphy (she, her, hers)
Assistant Professor, Visual Art & Humanities Librarian

I acknowledge that UNC Greensboro is located on the traditional lands of the Keyauwee and Saura Nations. (Why are land acknowledgments important?)