Hi all
We here at Syracuse are retaining strict scanning protocol for print titles needed for course reserves
We are certainly trying to buy e content when it is available
But as you know importance to the discipline is not always a sign that e content is out there
We are also quarantining used items for at least 3 days
So any thoughts or suggestions on how we can make heavily used items like complete works sets or books like SMLXL accessible while still being safe
As the Librarian for Architecture I also deal with studio classes researching precedents
So multiple - 8 at least- students could be looking for resources on a particular building during a short time frame
The goal often is for students to find the material themselves rather than have the project scanned for them to access in course software
Even bound periodicals like El Croquis fall into the multiple usage in a day category
So I am looking for suggestions on best practices for handling heavily used materials while still trying to following new safety guidelines
Hoping for your ideas
Best
Barbara Opar

Sent from my iPad