Hello All,

As the Co-ordinator of the ARLIS/NA Critical Librarianship Special Interest Group I'd like to invite everyone to the next SIG meeting.

  *   Our next meeting will take place the day before the ARLIS/NA 2020 Virtual conference on Tuesday, July 28, 2020, from 2-3pm Eastern Time / 11am-12pm Pacific Standard Time. All the information needed to join the Zoom meeting is at the bottom of this message.

  *   The meeting will be "unconference-style," allowing attendees to split into smaller breakout groups to discuss different topics in greater depth. <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1xaZOAno-uKHq1d9qX_rO7_TqW7Ti1vhConbR4YObys4/edit?usp=sharing> Help me determine our breakout group topics by adding to this list<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10M_bLzRmeQi24hFJ8p-QPKiDPMkw7Rjgnhsax_3tMKk/edit?usp=sharing>. All are welcome!

My apologies to everyone for being so quiet as the co-ordinator for the Crit Lib SIG. This has been a really difficult year for me in terms of my health, and I'm now finally getting back on track.

  *   Please check out the Crit Lib SIG website/blog<https://arlisnacritlib.wordpress.com/> for resources, updates, and guest posts (coming soon)!

  *   Please contact me join discussions on Slack.

Also, I'm looking for someone to join be as a Co-ordinator for the SIG. Please emails me if you are interested in the position.

Don't hesitate to reach out with questions/suggestions. Hope to see you all online on June 28th!

Topic: Critical Librarianship SIG Meeting
Time: Jul 28, 2020 02:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

Join Zoom Meeting
https://zoom.us/j/99162634768?pwd=TUNxNlJIa0M5VFl4NnRyZEpnd2N5Zz09

Meeting ID: 991 6263 4768
Password: 462447
One tap mobile
+16465588656,,99162634768#,,,,0#,,462447# US (New York)
+13017158592,,99162634768#,,,,0#,,462447# US (Germantown)

Dial by your location
        +1 646 558 8656 US (New York)
        +1 301 715 8592 US (Germantown)
        +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)
        +1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
        +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)
        +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)
Meeting ID: 991 6263 4768
Password: 462447
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/abufE1Q9Pj

Best,

Evan Schilling, MI, B.Arch, B.E.S

Architecture Librarian

(they/them; he/him)

Musagetes Architecture Library<https://uwaterloo.ca/library/musagetes/>
University of Waterloo School of Architecture

[log in to unmask]<https:[log in to unmask]>

Library Representative, FAUW Equity Committee<https://uwaterloo.ca/faculty-association/representatives-and-committees/equity-committee>

Member, UW Working Group on Gender and Sexual Diversity<https://uwaterloo.ca/human-rights-equity-inclusion/how-can-we-help/equity-intiatives/provosts-advisory-committee-equity-pace/working-group-sexual-and-gender-diversity-lgbtttqqipa>

Coordinator, ARLIS/NA Critical Librarianship SIG<https://arlisnacritlib.wordpress.com/>

I acknowledge that I live and work on the traditional territory of ýthe Neutral, Anishnaabeg, and Haudenosaunee peoples who are still under colonial rule. The Musagetes Library, and the University of Waterloo are situated on the Haldimand Tract, which the British granted to the Six Nations in 1784 as compensation for their alliance during the American Revolution and for the loss of their traditional territory. Although it is important to acknowledge the land and broken treaties, we need to each engage in concrete actions, or else acknowledgements are merely token gestures rather than a meaningful practice. We cannot change the past, but we can continue to share in the work of healing and decolonization, respectfully following the leadership of Indigenous communities and leaders.