Leah, at Brown we are scanning entire books for course reserves if faculty request it and there is no electronic option. We always check first to make sure an ebook is not available before we scan the print. The scan is available by password only to students in the course. And we are doing this ONLY during the COVID crisis, when we are planning to have no print reserves. Ordinarily, we would limit the amount of a book that we scan.

Karen Bouchard
Brown University