Congratulations on a well- deserved retirement Tom! And it is great being a retiree.

Leslie

On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 11:56 AM Margaret N. Webster <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hear, hear! Joan nailed it. All the best as you commence the best chapter of your life.

Margaret Webster

On Jun 29, 2020, at 1:17 PM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

Dear Tom:

Congratulations!!  I am so glad to hear that you will continue your membership in ARLIS/NA and that you will continue to come to the annual conference.  Your quiet support has been noticed by many over the years.  I hope you will also continue to occasionally visit Santa Fe.

Fondly,

Joan

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Thomas Young
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2020 10:12 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Retirement

Dear fellow ARLIS/NA members & friends,
It is with mixed emotions that I wanted to announce that I will be retiring as of July 3rd (Friday next week).  This is no surprise to some of you as I have been talking about it for the past couple of years.  After 42½ years at Philbrook it has been my plan to retire at this time, as I turned 70 this month.  Little did I know that it would be such a time of upheaval and consternation.  We shut down our downtown branch at the end of 2019, and I have been involved in the reintegration of the downtown library with the main library over this past six months. Today I will finish up the last big task which is the integrating the two book collections (the last six boxes and a lot of shifting to go).
I plan on remaining a member (Retired) of ARLIS/NA, and hope to attend the conference in Montreal next year.  For future communication my personal contact information is: [log in to unmask] and (918) 582-2528.
Sincerely,
Tom Young
Thomas E. Young
Librarian/Archivist

Philbrook Museum of Art
t. 918-748-5306

Please consider a donation to Philbrook. We're doing our best to deliver beauty, joy, fun, and moments of peace on a daily basis while practicing social distancing. Help continue our mission to create a more creative and connected community.

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask] For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask] ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]