Dear Colleagues:

For the past few years I’ve been sorting and donating my professional (especially ARLIS/NA-related) files and donating them to the ARLIS/NA Archives at the University of Illinois.  Now I have paper files of the earliest ARLIS/NA Newsletters and Updates, copies of which are already in the collection at the U of I.  I would rather not give them away piecemeal.  I am hoping someone (either a library or an individual) will be interested in a full (or partial) run.  Please let me know asap if any of this important history interests you.  The Newsletter was published six times a year; it was the only ARLIS/NA publication until Art Documentation was started in 1982.  Update replaced the Newsletter starting in 1984; it was published just four times a year from 1984 – 1991 and then it went to six times a year starting in 1992.  It ceased publication sometime in 2005 when the ARLIS website took over many of the functions of the newsletter.

Here is what I have:

ARLIS/NA Newsletter: V.1, n.1 (November 1972) – V.9, n.6 (December 1981).  This run is complete!

ARLIS/NA Update: 1984 –  August 2000 (complete); December 2000 – 2005 (following issues are missing): Oct 2000, April – Dec 2001, Jun – Oct 2002, June and Dec 2003.

They will be available through the end of this year, but first come, first served!!

Joan