Problem solved! Many thanks to Jocelyn Karlan of I Tatti for sending the answer.

Cheers,

Erin.

From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Erin Blake
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2020 5:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Could someone look up a title for me in the New Hollstein volumes for Wenceslaus Hollar?

We're still working from home here in Washington, DC, so I'm hoping someone out there can look this up for me: I need to know the title and catalogue number that Simon Turner gives to P.2006 in the Wenceslaus Hollar volumes of New Hollstein German. The etching itself is untitled. Several English-language institutions use the title "Young Negress" from Richard Pennington's earlier catalogue raisonné of Hollar's works. Catalogers at the Folger Shakespeare Library instead used the devised title "Portrait of a Young African Woman" -- but that was before the Hollar volumes of New Hollstein were published.

Here's a picture of the print in question: https://luna.folger.edu/luna/servlet/s/wd7921

Our online catalogue has added title access and a 510 for the Pennington reference; I want to do the same for New Hollstein.

Thanks,

Erin.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  she/her/hers  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |
[log in to unmask]  |  www.folger.edu