We're still working from home here in Washington, DC, so I'm hoping someone out there can look this up for me: I need to know the title and catalogue number that Simon Turner gives to P.2006 in the Wenceslaus Hollar volumes of New Hollstein German. The etching itself is untitled. Several English-language institutions use the title "Young Negress" from Richard Pennington's earlier catalogue raisonné of Hollar's works. Catalogers at the Folger Shakespeare Library instead used the devised title "Portrait of a Young African Woman" -- but that was before the Hollar volumes of New Hollstein were published.

Here's a picture of the print in question: https://luna.folger.edu/luna/servlet/s/wd7921

Our online catalogue has added title access and a 510 for the Pennington reference; I want to do the same for New Hollstein.

Thanks,

Erin.

Erin Blake, Ph.D.  |  she/her/hers  |  Senior Cataloger  |  Folger Shakespeare Library  |  201 E. Capitol St. SE, Washington, DC, 20003  |  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>  |  www.folger.edu<https://protect-us.mimecast.com/s/-t5RCjRgpBtArRXC7R7_2?domain=urldefense.com>