Hello all,

We've been asked to come up with a percentage of the women creators
represented in our collection.  We have run reports for the 100 and 700
fields and produced a massive list (~90,000) of all people in those
fields.  Unfortunately the gender field is not filled out for the vast
majority of our authorities so using that to narrow is not
particularly useful.

Has anyone else been asked to report out something like this?  Right now
our plan is culling through filtering, (i.e. keep all values with "Mrs."
"Miss"; cull all instances of "Mr." "family") and then filtering by common
names (i.e. values with "Mary" vs. values with "George").

Any suggestions welcome!

Stay well friends,
Catherine Robertson
she/her/hers
Print Librarian
Phillips Library, Peabody Essex Museum
306 Newburyport Turnpike, Rowley, MA 01969
(978) 542-1612
@PEMLibrary on Instagram <https://www.instagram.com/pemlibrary> & Twitter
<https://twitter.com/PEMLibrary>