Sending on behalf of the researchers:

Hello,
We’re Michael Simonson and Katharina Menschick, and we are currently working with the John D. Schiff collection at the Leo Baeck Institute New York. We tried to figure out who the sitter in the photo is for hours and hours without success, and we are very impressed by your skills, persistence and your generosity of sharing them with us!
A huge Thank You to everyone who helped us to figure out who the person shown on the photo is: Aristide Maillol! After getting your suggestions, we found this image: https://www.artsy.net/artwork/andre-ostier-aristide-maillol-collioure-france – which to us proves beyond doubt that Maillol is the person Schiff photographed.
Knowing who the sitter is helps us enormously in our research about Schiff and his work which we will highlight at the LBI website soon. We hope to be able to figure out when and under which circumstances Schiff was able to take the image.

You’re amazing!
Very gratefully, and with all our best wishes – be well!
Michael and Katharina
Leo Baeck Institute
www.lbi.org