?Congratulations Debbie.  I have always admired your expertise and professionalism.  Your contributions to ARLIS/NA and to the international art library community are vast.  While these are uncertain times, I wish you the best in retirement.  You are a great role model for all members!

Jane

________________________________
From: ARLIS/NA List <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Kempe, Deborah <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Monday, April 27, 2020 12:00 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ARLIS-L] Another Baby Boomer retires

To all my colleagues and friends at ARLIS/NA,

Yes, it's true. After nearly 25 years in my post at the Frick Art Reference Library, I will retire on May 1.
From the moment I landed in New York City many years ago, ARLIS/NA has been an important part of my professional life. Urged to join by my boss at New York University, I attended my first ARLIS/NA conference, coincidentally held in NYC, in 1986, and until this year, never missed a single annual conference.  The benefits of professional development and contacts gained through my membership in ARLIS/NA have been integral to my career at every step, from NYU, to Avery Library at Columbia University, and finally, to the Frick, where I was so lucky to land and flourish.  In addition, like so many of you, I've formed lifelong friendships with individuals with whom I have so much in common.

I was sorry to miss this year's conference in my home state of Missouri, but I remain hopeful to see many of you next year in Montreal.  I'll stay involved and will continue to support this important organization.

Warm regards to all,
Debbie

Deborah Kempe
Chief, Collections Management & Access
The Frick Art Reference Library of The Frick Collection
10 East 71st Street
New York, NY USA 10021
[cid:e75be678-abd3-4704-8e16-802b7206f096]
My next chapter (image courtesy of the Morgan Library & Museum)

Mail submissions to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> For information about joining ARLIS/NA see: http://www.arlisna.org/membership/join-arlisna Send administrative matters (file requests, subscription requests, etc) to [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]> ARLIS-L Archives and subscription maintenance: http://lsv.arlisna.org Questions may be addressed to list owner (Judy Dyki) at: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>